Saturday, July 7, 2012

Loaves and Fish again

I was standing in the grocery store line when I saw it; the little donation jar for a baby who needs heart surgery.  "I can't give", I thought.  "I only brought the grocery money cash,  and the list already extends the budget to the max, but what if that were my baby? What if nobody gave anything, because they couldn't give enough?" God's provision is enough; it will work." I told myself, and I put some money in the jar.  Not much, but something, and I continued on to the other places in my route.

Not to brag, but I am a pro shopper.  I put a cost estimate before every item on the list, so that I know where I am in the budget, and I am usually very close, so I cannot tell you how, at the end of the list, I had money leftover for some things that should have been on the list, but I thought would have to wait. Nor can I tell you how after that there was still money leftover to go back into the grocery envelope.  I can tell you, that it seemed like God was saying to me, "Don't be concerned about what to eat and drink.  Don't worry about such things.  These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs.  Seek the Kingdom above all else, and He will give you everything you need.", and I pray that this small example of His great provision will embolden me to greater obedience and trust.

1 comment: