Sunday, April 20, 2014

If you were the only one

Whenever I read the bible, I always see God speaking to David, to Abraham, to the Israelites, but I have the hardest time in my heart of hearts believing that he is speaking to ME. I believe that Christ died for our sins, I do, but you have to admit, it's a pretty efficient arrangement: by sending his son, ALL would have the opportunity to be saved.  One sacrifice, many souls, but here is the thing my friend, the glorious beautiful truth:  God didn't die for our sins, he died for each of our sins....If he knew that you and you alone ( I and I alone!!!) would accept his grace, he would have still endured suffering and death.  He loves YOU that much. Let it settle into your soul; He sees you, your struggles, and his hand of grace is extended to you.  In your mothers womb, he knew you, and on the cross, he thought of you, in the small hours of your suffering he sees your tears, sheds them with you.  He took your burden that you may be free of it. He gave you the word so that you might accept the truth of what he has done for you. He died so that you may have life, and on this glorious day, HE IS RISEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment