Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Be Still

My heart has been heavy over some situations that are not mine and over which I have no control, but involve people that I love. Intellectually, I have known that God has a plan, that he is capable, that he sees things that I don't, that his way is best,....but I have been worrying. My heart has not had God's peace.... worrying because there is so much pain in the world that I cannot stop, worrying because the path is going to be long and difficult, worrying, because I can not see how the story ends.

During my quiet time, I asked God what to do, and He said the hardest thing he could have, "Nothing. Right now you must do nothing. It is not for you to do right now. When the time comes, you will know it." and so I had to pray for peace in waiting....the hardest thing. And I asked God as I prepared to open my bible, "Please give me something to hold onto while I'm waiting.", and I opened my bible, and it was 2 Kings chapter 4, in which God does a series of seemingly impossible things that people doubt can be done, through a faithful and obedient servant.

So here I wait, tender and raw, but obedient and hopeful, and thankful for a God who is willing to meet me right where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment